In this topic, you will visualize when each test will be conducted and the length of time that each test will take.
You will also need to establish schedule constraints and major milestones and determine how these will affect testing.
If these points have already been considered in the project plan, check whether the points that have been considered are consistent with other topics in the overall test plan.
Overview of points to be considered
Establish when each test phase and test type will be executed.
Relationship between this topic and other topics in the overall test plan
This topic is mainly related to the following topics as shown below.
Relationship between this topic and other topics
Confirm the following points to get an overall view of the relationship between each test phase or test type and those before and after.
Relevant information may be written in materials other than the overall test plan, such as the project plan. The following points still need to be confirmed in such cases.
- Check that the schedule planned here does not contradict the overall project schedule or any planned tasks.
- For example, if a test phase contains a task that will take one month or more, make sure that the same period is allocated for that test process.
- Check that the period for each test phase and test type has been established.
- If testing will be done in multiple cycles, indicate the start and end of each cycle.
- Establish the relationship between each test phase, test type and related phase or industry and those before and after.
- If data generated by activities other than test phases will be used as test data, indicate the relationship between those activities and the activities before and after.
This is necessary in cases such as those where the test data includes data created during migration preparations for the purpose of migrating for production.
- Check that major milestones have been established for each test phase and test type.
- Confirm points such as the day on which building of the test environment is expected to be completed, the changeover time of the test data and the date planned for the production release.